Home   Recipes   Tips   About & Contact  

we're just getting started, follow us on a delicious journey!

Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Fiesta Dip


Ya.  It's a bean dip. It's subtle in its difference to other bean dips and specific in requirement.  Don't use a can of re-fried beans and hope to get the same result as that expensive can of Frito Lay.  Skip the added mayo at your own risk.   These two ingredients along with an abundance of taco seasoning make this dip more of a fiesta that a mere dip.

Making this recipe brings back soooo many great memories for me and the fam.  Through the years we have had hordes of teenagers in our home.  We believe that the party should be at our house.  It's great to know where your kids are and who they are with.  The unexpected benefit to this?  After all the late nights and all the money you spend on food to keep them coming back you end up with kids who stop by to say "hi" even when your kid isn't home.  Or maybe they stop by to have a nap on your comfy couch.  Better still is when they stop by to visit because they just need a bit of advice.  Doubly good for you is if you are in the middle of bringing home groceries and a few of them pull up and start grabbing bags and putting things in the cupboards and in the fridge because they are that familiar with your home and they really want to help.

I have to say that I have the most awesome kids and they have the most awesome friends.  This dip is one that the kids and their friends request whenever they are planning a party or a game night.  There has been a lot of tortillas sacrificed on the alter of this bean dip over a game of Cataan or in between takes of a teenage movie making or watching night.  Have I mentioned how much I love my kids' friends?  I do.  These are people who know where I sit at the football game 10 years later and come to find me, give me a hug and show me the latest addition to their family.  Was it all in the dip?  Maybe.....

Spread a can of Frito Lay Bean Dip in an even layer on a platter.  My plate is about one and one-half the size of a regular dinner plate.  Mash a ripe avocado and carefully spread it over the bean dip.  Okay.  I have tried a can of re-fried beans to cut the cost back on this, but the fact it I just love the little can of bean dip.  It comes in a variety of "hot".  I love them all.   I watch for it to go on sale and I buy several at a time because, well..., it starts this little party. Frito Lay did not pay me to say that.
7 layer bean dip, bean dip, best bean dip

Mix 2 cups sour cream with 3/4 cup of mayonnaise and 2 1/2 to 3 tablespoons of taco seasoning mix.  Blend together well and spread over the avocado and bean layers.  I love what a bit of mayonnaise does to this recipe.  Straight sour cream gets a little tangy for me.  And I love going a bit heavy on the taco seasoning.  It's the star of this dip to me and it's what people ultimately start digging around for.  There was a time that I had to sneak the mayo out of the fridge and toss it in because I have a daughter who
hates  despises mayonnaise and all of its creaminess.  I have to say that I smothered more than a few snickers ( not the candy bar) when I watched her eat this dip and love it!  Is that mean?
7 layer bean dip, bean dip, fiesta dip

Okay, let's bring it home.  Top your lovely platter of deliciousness with 1/2 cup of cheese,
7 layer bean dip, bean dip, fiesta dip, sweetsuppertime

3 sliced green onions, one Roma tomato chopped and a handful of black olives sliced.
bean dip, 7 layer bean dip, super bowl dips, fiesta dip

Now hurry and put this in the fridge to let the flavors blend before your 15 year old runs in and does this to it...
7 layer bean dip, bean dip, fiesta dip

just to see if it "tastes good".  I love you Keven.  Seriously.  It wasn't anything the other kids haven't done.

Refrigerate for about an hour before serving.  Enjoy and make sure you have plenty of chips!
Fiesta Dip


Fiesta Dip by Sweet Suppertime 

 This dip is for making friends...

Ingredients
  • 1 can Frito Lay Bean Dip--you decide how spicy. I have tried them all and loved them!
  • 1 ripe avocado, smashed
  • 2 cups sour cream
  • 2/4 cup mayonnaise
  • 2 1/2 - 3 tablespoons taco seasoning mix.
  • 1/2 cup finely grated cheese.
  • 3-4 green onions sliced
  • 1 large Roma tomato, chopped
  • a handful of black olives, sliced
Instructions
  1. On a medium sized platter (mine is about the size of one and one-half dinner plates), spread the bean dip.
  2. Mash avocado and carefully spread on top of the beans.
  3. Mix sour cream, mayonnaise and taco seasoning together.
  4. Spread the sour cream mixture on top of the avocado layer.
  5. Sprinkle with cheese, sliced onions, chopped tomato and sliced black olives.
  6. Refrigerate on hour before serving to allow flavors to blend.
Notes
I go a little heavy on the taco seasoning. That middle part is what everyone is digging for.[br]I prefer the Mexican Blend cheese.

*** Dustin, Blake, Rob, Tom, Tanner, Tanner, Tanner, Andy, Spencer, Dustin, Elvis, Joe, Joe, Levi, Adam, Eddy, Brady, Brandon, Caleb, Josh, Josh, Luke, Harrison, Jake, Eli, Isaiah, Elvis, Jake, Danny, Michael, Keven, Kate, Lacey, Marcus, Rebecca, Maverick, Alta....stop by, I've got the fixin's.

No comments:

Post a Comment