Home   Recipes   Tips   About & Contact  

we're just getting started, follow us on a delicious journey!

Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Pumpkin Pie Spice Mix

Pumpkin Pie Spice
Pumpkin Pie Spice.  Even if I didn't bake I would want to own a jar of Pumpkin Pie Spice simply because it sounds so domestic and Fall-ish.  Since I do bake, and because so many recipes call for this combination of spices, it has become a staple in my kitchen.  I don't necessarily have an aversion to purchasing Pumpkin Pie Spice, although it can be pricey.    The problem rests in the fact that I go through so much of it that I always seem to be out.  I guess what I am saying here is that I make Pumpkin Pie Spice because I can. There are 5 spices that I combine to make Pumpkin Pie Spice; allspice, cloves, nutmeg, ginger and cinnamon.    A note about allspice.  My understanding of allspice is that, although it is it's own dried berry and NOT a combination of spices, it does closely resemble the combined flavor of  cinnamon, nutmeg and clove.  The reason this is important to someone like myself is that I am not deterred in making Pumpkin Pie Spice just because I am out of something like say...allspice.  I just add a bit more cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves in equivalent proportions.  There.  I hope I have convinced you not to put off making delicious things just because you are out of Pumpkin Pie Spice. Grab and empty jar and let's get started.
You will need the following:  Nutmeg, Ground Cloves, Ground Cinnamon, Ground Ginger, Ground Allspice.  These spices just make you happy!  Seriously.ingredients for Pumpkin Pie Spice
Into a bowl measure 6 Tablespoons ground cinnamon, 4 teaspoons ground ginger, 4 teaspoons ground nutmeg, 1 teaspoon ground allspice and 2 teaspoons ground cloves.  They look so beautiful in the bowl don't you think?
pumplin pie spice measured ingredients
Grab a fork and give it a stir until the spices are nicely incorporated.  Store in an airtight jar to keep all the aroma and flavor tucked nicely away and get busy making those pumpkin cookies or rolls or pie or bread.....and remember you made this just because you can.  Happy baking!

Pumpkin Pie Spice
Author: Sweet Suppertime
I love making large quantities of this to keep me from running to the store!
Ingredients
  • In a bowl combine:
  • 6 Tablespoons ground cinnamon
  • 4 teaspoons ground ginger
  • 4 teaspoons ground nutmeg
  • 1 teaspoon ground allspice
  • 2 teaspoons ground cloves
Instructions
  1. Mix together and store in an airtight container.

No comments:

Post a Comment