Home   Recipes   Tips   About & Contact  

we're just getting started, follow us on a delicious journey!

Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Fajita Seasoning





You've got to love holiday food.  Turkey, ham, turkey, something involving cranberries, more turkey.  But there comes a point where I just cant take it anymore, eventually even the thought of turkey or any other gravy laden leftover makes me cringe a little.  My husband and I hit our anti-turkey wall today.  We needed a little zip, a little culinary kick if you will, so we did what any couple suffering from an excess of turkey would do. We whipped up some south of the boarder goodness.  There's a lot to be said for a few tortillas and fresh salsa after a two day sweet potato binge.

Our fiesta amid today's snowstorm couldn't be complete without our South American standby: fajita seasoning. This recipe is a combination of all my favorite Mexican restaurant flavors. I use it on everything.  A teaspoon or so spices up tortilla soup and a dash adds kick to otherwise boring canned black beans. Today I used it as a rub for my fajita meat.  After slicing up my chicken in my brand new Cuisinart food processor {one of my lovely Christmas presents} I massaged about a teaspoon and a half of this fajita seasoning into the meat before tossing it in my frying pan.

Since I'm only cooking for two, a batch of this seasoning will get me through two or three dinners.  I keep any extra in an air tight container near the rest of my spices.  

Fajita Seasoning

2 tsp. chili powder
1 tsp. sugar
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. cumin
1 chicken bullion cube {crushed}
*If I'm craving extra kick I'll add 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper

Mix all the spices together and add to fajita meat/veggies.

No comments:

Post a Comment