Home   Recipes   Tips   About & Contact  

we're just getting started, follow us on a delicious journey!

Monday, March 25, 2013

Sweet Buffalo Wing Sauce

Sweet Suppertime
In the realm of being a mom there are a few things that I always count on to make my life easier--if only for a moment or two.  You might feel the same way as I do about duct tape, hot glue, the dollar store, super glue and masking tape (when you have short children and the church pants you just bought are about two feet too long and you forgot to hem the pants before Sunday!)  Included in my list of time/life savers is this recipe for Sweet Buffalo Wing Sauce.  It's a "go to" kind of thing.   If you need to add a bit of quick flavor to a favorite dish or just change things up a bit, this is a great way to do it.  Of course now that I have said that I had better clarify just a bit.  We are a saucy family. :)
We have a fridge full of sauces!  Sauces for fries, hamburgers, rice, salads, fries again, ice cream, skewers, fries again.  Well you get the idea.
The thing is...my kids have asked me to post my meatloaf recipe but I can't until I record this sauce. (Because the sauce is in the meatloaf )  So here it is.  It just might be the easiest thing I do for the biggest results.  I should give credit here to my nephew in-law.  Is that a real relation?  Anyway he used to work at a place that made this wing sauce and he told me how to make it and it has been a life changer.  Seriously.  I put it on pizza, slip it in meatloaf, plaster it on wings, mix it with ranch dressing for salads and fries, spread it on gourmet quesadillas, use it in panini’s, pour it in baked beans and have been tempted to put in on ice cream.  Kidding!

Your list of ingredients is pretty simple:  Brown Sugar, garlic powder and any hot sauce you have in your cupboard.  I have tried this with Cholula, Franks and Western Family.  I feel pretty confident that you could use ANY hot sauce and find the right proportion of brown sugar to go with it.  By the way...do you see the size of that Franks Sauce container?  Yup, I bought that at Sam's Club in the gallon form.  That should be evidence that we make this recipe quite often.


Sweet Buffalo Wing Sauce     told to me by my nephew-in-law and adapted to the sugary side by me

1 cup hot sauce such as Franks, Cholula etc
1 1/4 cups brown sugar
1/2 tsp garlic powder (optional)

Place the hot sauce and brown sugar together in a heavy pot and stir to incorporate the sugar.  Turn burner on to medium heat and bring to a boil.  Keep in mind that you could make candy out of this if you boil it too long so don't leave the kitchen.

Bring ingredients to a boil, stirring until the sugar is completely dissolved.  Remove from heat and allow to cool.  Store in the refrigerator.  Oh, and start making extra room for that gallon jug! 

No comments:

Post a Comment